Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Start - 01.13.2015 - Apocalypse Princesses

Day 13 of DUCJC2015, and I am starting Apocalypse Princesses by PaineFree Crafts.  I just love this chart!  I spent a lot of time trying to identify all the characters and had a lot of fun with it.  I didn't realize there was an outside border of white all around it though, so that will be something to think about when I need to do some mindless stitching one day.

I have to be honest, trying to do a new start every day is a bit exhausting for me, especially at this time of year.  I am an accountant, and we are in the middle of year-end close, so by the time I deal with that all day and get home in the evenings, I am almost too tired to do a new start.  If it was just a matter of picking up the needle and putting in a stitch, that would be one thing.  But I have to decide which chart I want to stitch, because I have found in previous years of doing these challenges, that if I predetermine what I am stitching each day, I have less chance of actually stitching on any particular day.  If the chart for that day seemed too difficult for that day because of time constraints, energy, whatever, I just wouldn't start one at all, because you know, I predetermined that I would stitch that particular chart that day, and there was NO changing it.  Yep, I am a bit hard on myself, LOL.

Then, after I pick the chart, I have to recheck my fabric to make sure it is big enough, even though I checked it before I bought it, so I am 99.99% sure the fabric is big enough since I only buy fabric for charts I have picked out to buy for.  In other words, I don't just buy random fabric and then later find something to stitch on it.  Well, I have done that, but as a rule, I generally don't.

THEN, I have to find my starting point, usually in the left hand corner, and then finally I can get started.  I am just worn out thinking about it all!  I wish I was the type of stitcher that just could just pick up the fabric and start stitching, no second guessing the fabric size, just know that the fabric is big enough and go in three or four inches down and across and START for goodness sakes!



By the way, this is a list of all the Disney princesses that these Apocalypse princesses represent.  Were you able to figure them all out?

Top row: Mulan, Jasmine, Belle, Aurora, Alice
Middle, seated: Ariel
Right, dancing: Esmeralda
Botton row: Cinderella, Snow White, Tinkerbell, and Wendy


2 comments:

  1. Wow! you took the words right out of my mouth about having a new start every day and how my mind just wraps around the idea of 'let me start' for pete's sake and get on with it! I have not had a new start for several days...I am going to play catch up this weekend. Love your blog! you are doing amazing things stitching from your stash. I have already blown my spending for this month! LOL hugs, and happy stitching, Queeny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this chart. But I'm not brave enough to stitch it. I have seen several bloggers that are working on it. I'm looking forward to watching you work on this.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete